You want to give your room a new style? Or maybe you want to re-paint it using inexpensive tools! This DIY project got it all for you; it will make your room look totally different! Using only an ordinary grass broom you can create a grass cloth effect that mimics the real thing. What will you need to do that?
• Texture paint
• 5-gallon bucket
• Paint stirring stick
Instructions on how to do it:
1) Pour 1 gallon of the texture paint into the bucket. Mix it thoroughly with a stirring stick.
2) Use a nylon/polyester paint brush to apply the texture paint around the perimeter of the area you’re working on.
3) Roll the texture paint on the top of the wall so it forms a large “W” on a 3-by-3-foot section. Fill the letter to cover the area by running the roller back and forth across it. Roll over the perimeter and the bottom section in the same manner. Wait 15 to 20 minutes before you proceed to Step 4.
4) Roll a second coat of paint onto a 3-by-3-foot section of the wall, starting at the place where you applied the first coat. Wait five minutes.
5) Drag a whisk broom lightly in a vertical direction across the newly painted section to add texture until achieving a look you like.
6) Roll a second coat of texture paint on the next 3-by-3-foot section of the wall beside the one you just finished. After five minutes, use the whisk broom to create the desired look. Repeat until the wall is finished.